It's Friday so that means Friday Five that was inspired by Author Cheryl Renee Herbsman. Our friends at Eve's Fan Garden and Page Turners have also taken part in this meme. Each Friday we will post a question or topic, then respond with our five choices.
Five People or Places I Have Been Impressed With Lately
- My Children for keeping me sane after the fire
- My New House - Losing it all to fire doesn't mean the world ended, It's like the house is our own Phoenix rising out of the ashes to create a new life.
- Book Bloggers - Everyday I see something mentioned or done positively by a blogger and it just warms my heart.
- Two friends of mine that lost a child this year - seeing them get up everyday and function, thats what I call being Brave
- Twilightmoms - no matter the reason, good or bad. The Twilightmoms ALWAYS come together and help one another out.
- My awesome children. They inspire me daily to be my best.
- My husband, who just went back to college this semester. It's great seeing him full of motivation and drive.
- My grandmother. At nearly 80 yrs old, she's still giving piano lessons to children of all ages. THAT is inspiring! They all adore her as much as she adores them.
- Yara! Seeing her and her family rebuild their home after the tragedy they experienced, fills my heart with joy for them.
- Music. Although it's not a person or place, music inspires me like nothing else in the world!
- J.K. Rowling for writing a book targeted for adult readers, and I cannot wait to read it!!!
- London for being such wonderful hosts of the 2012 Summer Olympics
- My parents for celebrating 44 years of marriage on September 7th. Such an inspiration!
- My son as he embarks upon 4th grade. He is nervous, but trying to be brave.
- Everyone who currently serves in the military, has served in the past, or are family members of military personnel. I am grateful for the freedoms my family and I have because of the sacrifices they have made or make every day.
- My Mom who recently came out to CA to help me take care of my new sweet baby boy for two weeks!
- Yara Santos - Creator of OUaT and a woman who has had a lot thrown at her and her family this year but still manages to keep her chin up!
- Jessica Scott - Author of Because of You and a woman who has inspired me to want to get involved with the Wounded Warrior program!
- Margaret French - a friend of mine that is currently taking care of her three children solo while her husband is deployed! She is a truly amazing woman!
- My Mother-In-Law because she gave birth to and raised 5 amazing children. After recently giving birth to my second son, I don't know how anyone can handle more than two!