Pack your 4th of July getaway bag with these fantastic YA books that came out in June!
1. The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly by Stephanie Oakes: the gut-wrenching but ultimately hope-inspiring story about a 17-year-old who lost 12 years of her life – as well as her hands, to a cult.
2. The Glass Sentence by S. E. Grove: the type of fantasy that changes your life at any age about Sophia’s adventures in the New World, in which all the continents have been flung into different time periods.
3. Skyscraping by Cordelia Jensen: a heartrending novel in verse about Mira, who redefines what family means after she discovers her father with his male lover.
4. Wings by Elizabeth Richards: The pulse-pounding conclusion to the Black City trilogy.
5. A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller: A romantic historical drama about how much Victoria Darling will sacrifice for her dream of becoming an artist when society has different ideas for her.
6. Like it Never Happened by Emily Adrian: Rebecca Rivers’ experience landing the lead in her school’s production of The Crucible challenges stereotypes, sexuality, and destructive rumors.
7. Children of the Earth by Anna Schumacher: The sequel to the adrenaline-packed and steamy End Times, set in Carbon City, Wyoming, where the townspeople believe the End Times have arrived.
8. The Merciless by Danielle Vega: Mean Girls meets The Exorcist in this horror story packed with attitude that proves the last people you want to be locked in a basement with are teen girls.
9. Deadly Design by Debra Dockter: A page-turning thriller about genetically engineered Kyle, who finds his life in danger when his twin brother drops dead at 18.
10. Conversion by Katherine Howe: A chilling read about the girls at St. Joan’s, who seem to be suffering the same epidemic that a group of girls had when their town was Salem Village long ago.
11. A Book of Spirits and Thieves by Morgan Rhodes: Fantasy and contemporary readers alike will love this blend of two worlds: one in modern-day Toronto and one in Morgan Rhode’s bestselling Gathering Darkness series!
12. Nearly Found by Elle Cosimano: The suspenseful sequel to Nearly Gone, an urban mystery interlaced with secrets, crime labs and serial killers.
13. The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson: Laurie Halse Anderson’s award-winning look at family, secrets, and PTSD through the lives of nomadic Hayley Kincaid and her veteran father Andy.
14. The Secret Sky by Atia Abawi: An eye-opening tale of love, honor and betrayal following Fatima and Samiullah, who fight their families, cultures, and the Taliban to stay together in Afghanistan.
15. Inland by Kat Rosenfield: An eerie, psychological dive into the mind of Callie Morgan, who hears something beckoning her into the dark waves of the sea, filling her with doubt, and revealing family secrets.