Welcome to back to the BEST I'VE READ 2010! BIR2010 will run from December 6th through December 14th. This will be a annual event and this year its compromised of 9 blogs. Each day each blog will have multiple post and giveaways happening each day until its over. Then on the last day there will also be a Grand Prize Giveaway on the BIR2010 Blog.
Today I am very excited that I'm literally bouncing in my chair. My favorite book of this year is Nightshade and Andrea Cremer the author was so kind to do a interview for us here. So I hope you all enjoy reading it as much as we did. Wait that's not all how is this for a goodie, We also will be giving away a signed ARC of Nightshade. I know! That's just Great! So without further ado, I bring you our interview with Andrea.
Andrea Cremer Interview:
1. Once Upon: In Nightshade who did you enjoy writing about the most and why? And who would you say was your least favorite to write about and why?
Andrea: Wow! This is a really tough question because I love all the characters so much and writing them was a blast (even the villains!) I'd have to say my favorite character to write was Mason because he's got such a great sense of humor. The least favorite to write was Efron Bane because he's just icky.
2. Once Upon: In the next two installments will you continue to write in Calla's POV or will we get new POV's?
Andrea: All three books of the trilogy are written from Calla's POV.
3. Once Upon: Did you think at any point that you would get negative feedback when writing about Calla having to get mated to Ren and not having a choice in the matter? Or how the Alpha males treat the females?
Andrea: I hope that readers know that Calla's life being ordered and arranged is all about the patriarchal system she lives in. It should outrage readers because it;s completely unfair to Calla - that's the whole point!
4. Once Upon: Since the Holidays are right around the corner, What is your favorite Holiday and what's so special about the day you choose for you?
Andrea: My favorite holiday is Halloween. I love costumes and autumn is my favorite season - I find the mystery and spookiness of Halloween absolutely mesmerizing.
5. Once Upon: I'm a fan of fan fiction, Would you be honored or disappointed if you were to find out your story has made it in to the world of fan fiction, and would you read it if so?
Andrea: I would be honored. I'm not sure if I would read it because I like to keep my head space clear for writing. I would love to read it, but probably would wait until a year or so after the all the books are out.
6. Once Upon: I've read in other interviews that your favorite book is Watership down, what can you say about this book that will make us go out and buy it for those of us that have not read it yet?
Andrea: Watership Down is an incredible story about survival, friendship and hope but what really sets it apart for me is the incredible mythology and folklore that Richard Adams created for the society of rabbits that the book follows. His world is unbelievably real and remarkably original.
7. Once Upon: Last question, Let's make it fun. I'm a year older than you, so I wanted to know what were your favorite toys and TV shows when growing up?
Andrea: I loved My little pony, She-Ra, Transformers, Rainbow Brite and Voltron.
A very big Thank you to Andrea for the great answers. I hope you all learn something new today about Nightshade and Andrea as well. I know I did. We loved the same toys and shows growing up.
Author: Andrea Cremer
Released: October 19th 2010
Summary: Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of sexy alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers. But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice? (quoted from goodreads)
- We loved for you to follow our blog
- Fill out the FORM
- Giveaway is open to US only
- We ask that you help spread the word of course
- Stop by all the blogs in this event.
- Would love to hear your thoughts on Nightshade if you have read it.
Thank you again to Andrea Cremer and Philomel/Peguin.