Valentine's Day: Books with LOVE Hop
Our last but not least post for Books with Love hop. Author Amy Holder will talk to us today about Chocolate. Amy is Debut Author for this year, her first book is called The Lipstick Laws. The cover looks dangerous in a good way. If you are doing the Debut Author challenge make sure to add this one to the list. Amy was has also donated a chance to win a pre-order copy of The Lipstick Laws and swag in the Love Hop giveaway, so make sure you enter by midnight tonight.
Amy Holder's Valentine's Day Post
It’s not a secret that I love chocolate (which is so against Lipstick Law #3 in my upcoming book). Other than on Halloween, Valentine’s Day is a time of the year that being a chocolate addict is not only reinforced, it’s applauded. Chocolate is mass produced and shipped to every store near and far across the country. You are almost expected to give or receive chocolate, whether you like it or not. That’s why I’ve decided to create a list of the top ten uses for Valentine’s Day chocolate… because who wants to read a mushy post about LOVE anyhow, right?
Top Ten Uses for Valentine’s Day Chocolate
1) Give chocolate to your sweetheart.
2) If you don’t have a sweetheart, you can send chocolate to yourself from one or more fake admirers to make yourself appear more sought-after. This may even snag you a sweetheart for next year.
3) Freeze said chocolate and throw pieces at your enemies. If you don’t have enemies, you can just throw them at a dart board, annoying reality stars on TV, the taxman…or perhaps use them for skee ball?
4) Melt & create a yummy facial mask which will moisturize AND fulfill your sweet tooth at the same time.
5) Pretend you’re on the Cake Boss and sculpt a fabulous chocolate cake topper… or, if you prefer Project Runway, you could make an edible outfit instead. Be sure to sell your chocolate masterpieces for a hefty price on eBay.
6) Let it sit out on your desk and eventually you’ll have your own version of a Chia Pet.
7) If you’re not a fan of chocolate, you can always regift any chocolate you get. In fact, I won’t complain if you send it to me.
8) Use it to bribe various chocolate addicts to do menial tasks for you.
9) 9) Leave a chocolate trail to help you find your car in a crowded parking lot.
10) Eat it & enjoy!
Happy Valentine’s…er, Chocolate Day!
The Lipstick Laws
Author: Amy Holder
Pages: 240 pgs
Reading Level: YA
Release Date: April 4th 2011
Summary: (from goodreads) At Penford High School, Britney Taylor is the queen bee. She dates whomever she likes, rules over her inner circle of friends like Genghis Khan, and can ruin anyone's life with a snap of perfectly manicured fingers. Just ask the unfortunate few who have crossed her. For April Bowers, Britney is also the answer to her prayers. April is so unpopular, kids don't even know she exists. But one lunch spent at Britney's table, and April is basking in the glow of popularity. But Britney's friendship comes with a high price tag. How much is April willing to pay?