After Series #3
Author: Anna Todd a.k.a Imaginator1D
Reading Level: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Released: December 30th 2014
Review Source: Gallery Books | Purchased
Book Three of the After series—now newly revised and expanded, Anna Todd’s After fanfiction racked up 1 billion reads online and captivated readers across the globe. Experience the Internet’s most talked-about book for yourself!
Tessa and Hardin’s love was complicated before. Now it’s more confusing than ever. AFTER WE FELL…Life will never be the same. #HESSA
Just as Tessa makes the biggest decision of her life, everything changes. Revelations about first her family, and then Hardin’s, throw everything they knew before in doubt and makes their hard-won future together more difficult to claim.
Tessa’s life begins to come unglued. Nothing is what she thought it was. Not her friends. Not her family. The one person she should be able to rely on, Hardin, is furious when he discovers the massive secret she’s been keeping. And rather than being understanding, he turns to sabotage.
Tessa knows Hardin loves her and will do anything to protect her, but there’s a difference between loving someone and being able to have them in your life. This cycle of jealousy, unpredictable anger, and forgiveness is exhausting. She’s never felt so intensely for anyone, so exhilarated by someone’s kiss—but is the irrepressible heat between her and Hardin worth all the drama? Love used to be enough to hold them together. But if Tessa follows her heart now, will it be…the end?
AT FIRST SIGHT:
- Bri: Oh my gosh! I loved the cover, I love all the covers that come with the After series though. I liked this one for the imagery. After We Fell to me, story wise, means someone(Hessa) is on the ground-which is kind of how I take the cover. The grass, we're on the ground but it's time to get back up. I also was happy with how thick the book was, one thing I find myself worrying over with this series is I do not want it to end. So the thicker the book, the happier I am!
- Yara: This is my favorite cover from the series. I love how they use the grass, it really makes the cover stand out. I would definitely be attracted to it if I saw it on a shelf somewhere. And if it says Anna Todd, I WANT IT! LOL!
- Bri: What's not to love? It's what Anna has taught us to love about Hessa. They fight, they get together. There's always that will they stay together finally or not? And this book shows that there's a chance that they may be able to stay together, and they experience other problems which I absolutely loved! Tessa's dad is back in town, Hardin wants to fix his pessimism. It's not just about Tessa and Hardin not getting along, although that's not to say that they don't fight. They do, but we wouldn't love that as much if they didn't, would we?
- Yara: The story in After We Fell is probably the toughest to deal with out of the first 3 books. Its starts off right after After We Collied and doesn't slowdown at all. We continue to live and witness the fight Tessa and Hardin must deal with to see if they even make it as a couple. Sometimes love is not enough and it can even become toxic. An din this edition, Tessa not only has to deal with the decision of Seattle, she also is still handling her father returning into her life. But Tessa will go through something horrible that I still cringe at when I remember it in detail and this isn't something you can just brush under the rug. Now don't think Hardin is in the clear here, oh he has his own moments and they are going to shock you. Just be ready to take a ride with this book and hold on tight.
- Bri: As much as I hate it I think I'd have to say Zed. Zed and Molly actually. They both come in when they're the most needed, and they save the day. Although I can't stand either of them I have to admit that I was completely thankful for their presence during a specific scene...
- Yara: This name might shock you but I am going to say the heroine in this book is Molly. SAY WHAT! Yes you read the correctly. The "Molly" that Tessa would like to run over with her car and gauge her eyes out and feed them to piranhas. Molly gets this title because she basically save the day and when you read the book, you will know why I choose her. But just cause I give her this title doesn't mean I like her.
- Bri: Lillian! Or Tessa Number Two! I absolutely love her! She is every reader who wants to yell at Hardin, except Hardin actually can hear her and think about what she has to say! Of course he's Hardin so he doesn't completely listen to her, but he listens to her to an extent. And I love her for that, she seems to be able to smack sense into him. Love it! I also love Riley, the girl version of Hardin, who also tries to get him to come to his senses, but because he's so much like her he tries to stay away from her.
- Yara: In this book, Ill pick Kimberley I love how she is not afraid to tell it like it is and how down to earth she is with Tessa and pretty much everyone. Kimberley really connect with me in this book.
- Bri: Ugh this is hard! There's so many parts that I loved! But I think my all time favorite thing is the turn that Hessa's relationship starts to take. We see it in a state that we haven't seen it in before. It's almost like they're starting over, Tessa moving to Seattle did them good in more than one way! She finally did what she wanted, she didn't do what Hardin wanted-you go girl! But it also brought them to a state in their relationship where they had to talk on the phone about pointless things, and can I just say Hardin talking on the phone about working out, or just meaningless things-swoon worthy! I also loved Hardin making the effort to come and visit Tessa, it showed his growth! Which is yet another thing that I loved in After We Fell. Hardin's growth, ugh it made me smile so much! If you couldn't tell I completely love Hardin...
- Yara: I LOVE that Tessa held her ground. She moved to Seattle even though every fiber in her body was telling her not to go. She didn't let her dream vanish because of Hardin, her mom or anyone else that had an opinion.
- Bri: Ergh....Steph....Zed...Lies! There's not much I can say without ruining some surprises, and well....I hated them.
- Yara: ONE WORD: STEPH
- Bri: There are two huge things that I honestly dropped my book into my lap and loudly gasped. I yet again don't want to ruin them, but once you read it (which everyone needs to read it) you will know exactly what two things I never saw coming. Although I had some inklings of one of them, I just wasn't completely sure of my guesses.
- Yara: Well really their are 2 BIG ONES I could mention but since one disturbs me so much, Ill leave it alone and not give it anymore credit than it deserves. The event that left me in SHOCK was towards the end of the book and it wasn't Hardin or Tessa that caused it. So imagine that. When you get to that event, you will remember my review at that moment and think to yourself "Yara was not kidding".
- Bri: UGH!!! I NEED AFTER EVER HAPPY! I just....the cliffhanger....it honestly left me in such a state of distress. Nothing filled the void that I felt after reading After We Fell. I wasn't prepared for this emptiness. It is SO rare for books to leave me feeling like this, so I was unprepared for this to happen. There's just...there's so many things I need closure on, and I need the closure ASAP!!! Is it time for me to read After Ever Happy yet?
- Yara: Yes of course their is a cliffhanger, it's Anna Todd we are talking about here. She has to leave us hanging so that we can't sleep or eat until the next book is in our hands. And people I haven't needed a book this badly since I had to wait on Breaking Dawn. After Ever Happy needs to be in my hands yesterday!!!
- Bri: YES! A million times over, YES! I have told so many people to read this series and I plan on continuing to push it onto people.
- Yara: ABSOLUTELY, I would recommend it. I have been pimping this series since I read the 1st book After. I was not one of the Wattpad readers, so my recommendations are purely based off these published version of Todd's series.
- Bri: "You're my better place, Tess." - Hardin
- Yara: "I never lost hope because Tessa is my hope. She always has been and always will be." - Hardin